After spending over 48 hours in research and comparing over 25 best selling roti makers in India – we are convinced Prestige PRM 5.0 Roti Maker is the best roti maker for most kitchens in India.
OUR TOP PICKS
Prestige PRM 5.0 Roti Maker
Bajaj C-02 Chapati Maker
No matter where you hail from, in India, rotis are an item of daily consumption. From east to west and north to south, every homemaker ends up preparing rotis for the family almost on a daily basis.
Rotis are one of the most common forms of carbohydrate consumed by the people in the Indian subcontinent and also requires some expertise for a person to make one ideally.
Most homemakers are tired of trying to make perfectly round rotis that are crisp and soft at the same time. Not only are rotis challenging to make but also time consuming, which makes it very difficult for people, especially office goers, to spend so much time making rotis.
If you want to make the perfect rotis most effortlessly, you may consider using a roti maker. Roti makers have been in the Indian market for quite a long time and have been known as a convenient tool which can be used to make rotis quickly.
The best roti makers make the ideal roti every time and are very easy to use. They are economical and are designed to make your roti making experience ten times smoother!
Before we find out the best roti maker in India, let’s first look at why you should buy one and how they work.
Why Should You Buy a Roti Maker?
If you have a large family and need to make a number of rotis on a daily basis, it is definitely frustrating. If you are everyday office goers and have to come back home, knead the dough and make your roti after a hectic day of work, it can get terribly irritating.
Rotis are not easy to make, and most people take years to learn the art of creating those perfectly round, crisp yet soft rotis. A roti that has been perfectly cooked is round in shape, crisp as well as soft.
Roti making also takes up a lot of time as it presents a number of steps and stages that have to be flawlessly executed. From kneading the dough, making the dough balls following with rolling the dough and finally putting it on the stove is a cumbersome process.
Hence, if any of these steps can be removed or substituted with a more comfortable option, it is definitely better.
With a roti maker, while you still have to knead the dough, your work ends there, all there is left is to put the sectioned dough balls into the best roti maker machine and voila, your roti will be cooked in just a few minutes. You will have to turn it around and toss and flip it one or two times, but that is much easier compared to the hours spent in front of the stove trying to make the perfect roti.
How Do Roti Maker Machines Work?
As we all know, the process of roti making begins with making the dough.
There are a few things that you need to remember while making the dough for roti to be made in roti maker machine for home. Make sure that your dough is softer than usual for it to remain intact. Also, you must never use dough that has been sitting in the fridge for a long time, because otherwise your roti will become hard and have a weird texture. After kneading the dough, rest your dough for at least 30 minutes before cooking to prevent your roti from breaking.
After your dough has rested for sufficient time, now make the dough balls as usual and plug in your roti maker. Now, take one of your dough balls, dust it in some flour and place it on the upper area of the roti maker. Press the lid and press on it for 1-2 seconds and make sure that you do not press the handle for more than this time. Now that your roti had attained a round shape, let that side cook for 15-20 seconds by which time it should start forming bubbles. Now depending on how you like your roti, keep turning and cooking it for 15-20 seconds on each side at a time.
Once you have made sure that both the sides have browned sufficiently, according to your preference, you can now close the top lid, and the roti should ride and slide out of the roti maker automatically. Once your roti comes out, wrap it inside an aluminum foil, or keep it inside a hot pot immediately.
Roti Maker Buying Guide
Many different brands offer a range of roti makers. There are some features which set them apart from one another. There are many minute details you have to take care of before you invest in a roti maker.
If you want to find the best roti maker machine for home, you have to go through some roti maker reviews. With some research, you will know how to select the ultimate roti maker adhering to the standard semi automatic chapati making machine price.
There are many factors you need to keep in mind while buying a roti maker which are given as follows:
- Griddle Material and Size: You have to make sure that the griddle is made up of a material like aluminum or steel, which will be able to hold heat for a long time. Otherwise, you won’t be able to make the roti fast. The size of the roti makers are almost all the same, however, depending on the size of roti you prefer, buy your product.
- Non-Stick Coating: The surface of the roti maker must have a non-stick coating. This is one of the most primary requirements out of a roti maker. Without this, your dough will stick, and it will be a total disaster. The coating may be of steel or Teflon, and both are equally effective.
- Power Indicators: Power indicators are an essential part of a roti maker in order to understand if the surface has been heated enough to start cooking. Although most roti makers have an automatic cut-off, without an indicator, this feature becomes less useful.
- Power Usage: Most electrical devices nowadays are using less energy but giving better output. Make sure that your roti maker does not consume so much power that it burns a hole in your pocket. On average, roti makers should not be consuming more than 900 watts.
- Shock Proof Body: When working on a roti maker, there is sufficient touch with your skin, and since your skin is a good conductor of electricity, without a shockproof body, there are chances that you will get electric shocks. Hence, a roti maker must have a shockproof body to ensure your safety.
- Design: A home appliance must always have a compact but practical design which will not take up much space but at the same time decrease the amount of effort that has to be put in. A roti maker should have a convenient and light design so that it can be easily stored and can be transferred from one place to another.
- Adjustable Temperature Knob: This feature is not found in most roti makers. Though this feature is an advancement from the more basic models and proved to yield better quality rotis, even if you cannot afford one with an adjustable Temperature Knob, you will still be able to make the perfect roti using a roti maker.
- Non-Heating Handle: When operating a roti maker, the handle is your only point of contact with the roti maker, and you will not only have to grasp it but also put considerable pressure on it. So, you have to make sure that your roti maker handle does not get heated up; otherwise, you will be burnt. The handle should be made up of insulating materials that do not conduct much heat like bakelite or hard plastic.
- Price: If you make rotis regularly in your house, it is best that you invest in a better quality roti maker that may cost above ₹ 3000. However, if you are not sure how much you will be using your roti maker or are merely starting out, you can also buy a cheaper option which will be as effective as a more high-end product.
Top 7 Roti Makers in India – Reviews
While there are many brands producing roti makers, the best roti maker brand will depend on what you are looking for in a roti maker and how much you are willing to pay. The best chapati maker for you can be found among the following products:
1. Prestige PRM 5.0 Roti Maker
This is definitely one of the most popular models because of its unique design and strong body. Not only can this device be used for making roti, but also for puri and paratha. What’s more? You can even make dosa and uttapam on this roti maker.
- This stylish roti maker has a granite coating which makes it absolutely non stick and hence, more convenient to use.
- It has a unique curved edge with elevated edges, which makes it easier to flip the roti and makes sure that it stays in the center.
- It has a sturdy stainless steel body which is very easy to use and extremely safe. As it is reinforced with steel, it makes the machine shockproof.
- It has a temperature control knob with which you can control the temperature of the surface depending on how you want your roti.
- There are two power indicators on the appliance: the red light indicates that the roti maker is turned on and the green light indicates that the base is heating and when it goes off, it is a signal that the device is ready to be used.
- The curved and nonstick surface makes the device multipurpose; you can use it to make not only rotis but also omelet, dosa, and uttapam.
|Has a unique design which makes it multi-purpose and very convenient to use.||Takes some time for you to get used to the machine.|
|It has a shockproof and durable body, hence a long life.|
|It has a temperature knob and two power indicators which are quite unique to this product.|
2. Bajaj Vacco Go-Ezzee Chapati Maker C-02
This roti maker, with an ergonomic design and lightweight, will make your rotis in minutes. The machine is straightforward to use and is very convenient for everyday use.
- The handle of the device is made up of durable ABS plastic with cool off technology, so that it does not burn your hands.
- The roti maker has a heat resistant lifting handle so you can lift the upper lid without harming yourself.
- It has a Teflon coated non-stick aluminium tawa so that your roti will not stick no matter what.
- It has a power-on indicator button which turns on to indicate that the roti maker is on and heating and turns off when it reaches the temperature that is required to cook your roti.
- This device is very safe to use, especially with the genius measures that have been taken to make sure that there is no current leak from the product.
- For more exceptional durability, this product has a stainless steel body.
|Effortless cool off handle and heat resistant lid makes sure that your safety is guaranteed.||Without the proper dough, this roti maker will not be able to make tasty rotis.|
|Extremely strong Product with convenient non-stick coating.|
3. Sunflame RM1 Roti Maker
Sunflame is one of the safest and most reliable brands that have been providing homemakers with trusted products for ages.
- It has a durable stainless steel body.
- The tawa of the roti maker has a non-stick coating, which will help you to cook roti without any fuss.
- The handle is made up of a material called Bakelite, which prevents it from heating up and is very user-friendly.
- The heating coil is very reliable and will provide you with rotis in a few minutes.
- It can be cleaned very quickly and has a thermostat to ensure your safety.
- It also has a power indicator button which will tell you when it is ready to cook your roti.
|You do not need any oil or ghee for making the roti; the uniform heating cooks roti without any starter.||The handle to press the rotis could have been designed better for proper grip.|
|The non-stick coating is made up of food grade material.||No temperature control option.|
4. SUZO Roti Maker/Khakhra Maker
This affordable and durable stainless steel roti maker is essential in every household and will make your daily roti making routine quite convenient.
- This product has a stainless steel body, which makes it very durable and trustworthy.
- It has an extremely reliable heating coil which will heats the tawa uniformly for soft and crisp rotis every time.
- The handle is very user-friendly, so it will not heat up and burn your fingers.
- It has a non-stick coating so that your roti will not stick to the surface.
- The device is very easy to clean and must be cleaned only it has absolutely cooled down.
|Very affordable price.||Can become too hot at times.|
|It comes in a number of shades.||The brand is not so known.|
|Compact and easy to use.||Product quality is average.|
5. Prestige PRM 4.0 Roti Maker
This stylish roti maker will add a dose of edginess to your kitchen while at the same time increase efficiency. With the great features, only good times lay ahead.
- The base has a non-stick coating, which makes it very easy to make the roti.
- It has two power indicators; the red light indicates that the device is on and the green light suggests that the base is heating and when it turns off it is a signal that the base is hot enough for cooking.
- It has an extremely compact design. You can essentially keep it standing vertically on your counter with the wires around the body, and it will take almost no space at all.
- The roti maker is strikingly strong and has a shockproof body.
- For the perfect roti, this device has an adjustable knob for temperature control.
|Looks beautiful.||Considering the price, build quality is not that good.|
|Comes with a temperature control knob.|
|Has a shockproof body for extra safety.|
|The design is exceptionally compact to make sure that it does not take up too much space in your kitchen.|
6. Bajaj Vacco C-03 Chapati/Roti/Khakhra Maker
For soft and fluffy rotis that are not difficult to prepare, this is one of the best options for a roti maker. It is straightforward to use and very reliable.
- It is lightweight, easy to use, and made with the best scientific precision to give you the best quality roti every time.
- It has an automatic double thermostat that is responsible for temperature control.
- The surface is made up of Teflon coated non-stick aluminum to make rotis hassle free. The body, on the other hand, is made up of stainless steel material.
- The handle is made up of bakelite, which is an insulating agent and does not heat up.
- It has an indicator light which turns off when the temperature has reached high enough to start cooking.
|The build quality is quite impressive which makes it highly durable.||No temperature control knob.|
|Easy to use and clean.||The design looks very basic.|
|Heats up quite quickly.|
7. Prestige PRM 2.0 Roti Maker
This sleek roti maker is available in an attractive color combination of black and silver. This one of the most powerful roti makers as it features a 1200 watt heating element, which means the surface gets heated quite quickly. Quick heating reduces the overall time that you spend in making rotis.
- The roti maker has a non-stick surface making sure that the dough never sticks to the surface.
- It has two power indicator lights, the red one is indicative of when the device is turned on while the green light indicates that the surface is getting heated and turns off to suggest that the roti maker is ready to be used.
- This device will take very little space because of its compact design.
- The body is covered with hard plastic as well as stainless steel, which makes it shockproof.
- For perfect rotis, you can even regulate the temperature with the adjustable temperature knob.
|This roti maker is convenient and very easy to use.||Requires some time to get used to this product.|
|Storing this device takes up next to no space at all.|
|Comes with a temperature control knob for complete increasing or decreasing the temperature as per requirement.|
|Very quickly heats up the surface, reducing the time wastage.|
Roti Maker Machine – Do’s & Don’ts
- The most important thing you have to do before you start using a roti maker is to make sure that you go through the instruction manual as well as the guide book thoroughly. Many people fail to make roti on the roti maker primarily because they fail to read the instructions, however, you must make sure that you do not make this mistake.
- Always wait for the indicator light to turn off so that the roti maker is hot enough to start cooking.
- The dough should be soft and non-sticky.
- Never touch the hot surface of the roti maker and make sure you do not clean it while it is hot.
- Never close the lids unless your roti maker has cooled off completely.
- Do not place the dough ball in the center of the plate. The dough ball should be placed slightly towards the hinge joining the bottom and top plate.
- Do not use excessive pressure while closing the top lid, this can result in breaking of the roti.
- Never use any metal spatula or spoon on roti maker tawa, use a wooden spatula.
- Always use a clean and dry cloth for cleaning the roti maker. Do not use water or any other liquid.
- Don’t use stale dough and never press the handle for more than 2 seconds after putting the dough ball inside the roti maker.
Roti Maker Machine – FAQs
Yes. If you follow the instructions correctly and make a proper dough that is suited to be used in a roti maker, this device should produce soft and fluffy rotis in no time.
Apart from rotis, you can make parathas in your roti maker very quickly. If you want to get adventurous, you can also try making omelets, dosas, and even uttapam on a roti maker. You can also bake papads.
While the answer to this question is extremely subjective, there are some considerations you have to make. Handmade rotis prepared by an expert chef or homemaker tends to be softer or even better, but, if you are a novice or do not have enough time to follow through all the stages and technicalities of making roti, a roti maker is a better option.
Yes. If you absolutely want to, you can use ghee or oil in sparring amounts in your roti maker, but since the surface is usually nonstick, you do not need oil or ghee.
Yes. You can make an omelet, dosa or even an uttapam on your roti maker. In fact, if you have a roti maker with a concave surface, making these becomes even easier.
While there are a plethora of options available in the market with regards to roti makers, some stand out. Among all the products, Prestige PRM 5.0 Roti Maker is definitely the best one. Not only can you use it for multiple purposes, but it also has really exciting features that will make your roti making endeavors successful every time.
However, if you are looking for a more affordable option, SUZO Roti Maker/Khakhra Maker is your best option. This roti maker is very affordable and is ideal for anyone looking for an affordable option to explore the usefulness of roti makers.
Join Our Mailing List
Subscribe to our mailing list and get amazing stuff and updates on your email.