After reviewing more than 100 portable Bluetooth speakers, we think the JBL Flip 4 is the best choice for most music lovers. It produces quality audio that is loud enough to fill a big room, plus its waterproof, speakerphone lets you answer calls, high capacity battery lasts for up to 12 hours, all of this makes it an ideal choice. Our top budget pick, JBL GO offers an irresistible combination of audio quality, portability, cool features and an attractive price.
“So many wires to manage.”
“Where should I plug the wires?”
“It’s making my cozy room look like the powerhouse where all the cables of the entire city have come, joined and started partying!”
Oh, are you sailing in the same boat with all the wires of your speakers at your home?
Bored with the messy looks of your room due to the mismanagement of the speaker wires?
Well, it’s time to change your old speakers and get brand new and of course the best Bluetooth speakers for your sweet home.
So, it is high time that you get hold of the best Bluetooth speakers in town.
Nothing can be as satisfying and convincing as a Bluetooth speaker!
Bluetooth speakers are a must have for all music lovers who love travelling.
With Bluetooth speakers, you can enjoy your favourite music anywhere and anytime. Find your inner peace with soft and slow music or party hard with the latest heart thumping beats.
Take your music wherever you go, enjoy it while sipping some lemonade on a beach, exploring a forest, hiking on remote hills or partying by the poolside.
If you notice keenly..
In the past few years, the Bluetooth speakers have witnessed a widespread adoption. The global Bluetooth speaker market was valued at USD 3.37 billion in 2017. By 2023, it is expected to reach the market share of USD 22.43 billion. (Source)
Bluetooth speakers have made a mark in the category of audio technology.
Sounds great, right?
Since Bluetooth speakers come in a variety of shapes and sizes, they have met the demands of the customers over these years.
The competition in the Bluetooth speakers market has just started to get hotter and this will mean more choices, better features, design and out of the box innovations.
Okay, enough of statistics and numbers!
Let’s come to a very important part of Bluetooth speakers.
You must wonder …
… Why Bluetooth speakers are so famous? What’s the mystery behind these devices?
There is no mystery or adventure as such. It’s just that the Bluetooth speakers have some outstanding features. And, it is because of these characteristics that the Bluetooth speakers have made a prominent mark in the technology industry.
You may also like to check the list of best home theater systems in India.
Here are the Prominent Features of Bluetooth Speakers
..Bluetooth speakers are available in all forms of shapes and sizes so that they meet your needs. Rather, I should say, Bluetooth speakers now match with your lifestyle.
There are speakers that come up with an adjustable clip. With it, you can tuck in the speaker into the loop of your belt or backpacks or bags.
Even some speakers can be worn. You can wear it around your neck just like any other neck piece. If you are a bit smart, you can match it up with your dresses.
You never know, it can become a style statement!
While there are some other those have a suction cup. You can affix it to any smooth surface. Hence, the placement is completely versatile.
It may happen that you are in the mood of a pool party or a beach party. You want to take your Bluetooth speaker to the party.
But, you fear your device getting damaged because of its contact with water.
There are Bluetooth speakers that are water resistant and splash proof. Taking it outdoors is not going to cause any harm to the device.
You will be surprised to know that there are some Bluetooth speakers that even float or fully submerge in water but do not get damaged.
Most portable Bluetooth speakers come with an in-built rechargeable battery.
In-built battery not only means that you can enjoy your favourite music without electricity but also makes the Bluetooth speakers truly portable.
Batteries of Bluetooth speakers vary. Some may give you 12 hours running time, while some other may have 16 hours running time.
Charge your Bluetooth speakers for few hours and enjoy your full day’s entertainment.
To add more fun to your party, Bluetooth speakers have come up with lighting or some water dancing effects.
Some Bluetooth speakers feature LED lights and various other effects.
You can not only listen to the music, but also watch and party hard in these disco lightings.
Some speakers are manufactured not only to withstand all types of weather, but to last long as well.
Most of the Bluetooth speakers these days are backed up with a silicon shell. It acts as a protector from drops and breaks.
Besides, the protector is water resistant as well.
Here comes the million dollar question.
How to Buy the Best Bluetooth Speaker?
Suppose you are asked to buy the best Bluetooth speaker.
Seems difficult, right?
It is a tedious job!
Especially, when there are too many models, choosing one and discarding the rest is really tough.
The best method that you can adopt is to know what your requirements are. The First step in buying the best Bluetooth speaker is knowing what your needs are or what you expect from the Bluetooth speaker.
Okay, we have jotted down some important features. Make sure the following features are present in the Bluetooth speaker you choose.
Frequency means the range. It is measured in terms of Hertz.
Your Bluetooth device will produce better sound when it has got a wider range.
This is the main and the primary component of your Bluetooth speaker.
Therefore, it is better that you get a good sized driver.
Generally, the portable speakers have drivers measuring 30 mm or 40 mm. that’s a good start.
If you are a lover of music, it is recommended that you opt for higher ranged drivers.
It is very important to note that which version of Bluetooth you are opting for.
It plays a vital role in the audio transmission. Even the distance between the multimedia device and the speaker is related to the Bluetooth.
It is better to choose Bluetooth v4.0 or may be higher. Higher or latest version of bluetooth offers faster data transfer, longer range, improved security, easier pairing and less power consumption.
Make sure that the distance between the Bluetooth and the multimedia device is 50 – 60 meters.
Besides the wireless connection, it is suggested that you also look for wired connectivity options for better utilization of the Bluetooth speaker. Wired connectivity options will help you in connecting devices, which do not support Bluetooth, with your Bluetooth speaker.
Ensure that the Bluetooth speaker that you choose contains auxiliary input. Bigger Bluetooth speakers also come with wired connectivity options like HDMI and optical fibre.
Also, see if the Bluetooth speaker features a microphone. This will let you answer your calls directly when paired with your Smartphone.
Most of the Bluetooth speakers come with a micro USB port. This allows you to charge it with the help of a power bank or USB charger.
If you are buying Bluetooth speaker for using it indoors, buy the one that has a bigger driver.
The output delivered will be much better than that of a mini speaker.
On the other hand, if the Bluetooth speaker will serve the outdoor purposes, choose a speaker that is waterproof, dust-proof, and has good battery life.
Ready to go shopping?
..Just take a look at the best Bluetooth speakers in India.
Best Overall Bluetooth Speaker
1. JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker with Powerful Bass & Mic
- Bluetooth version 4.2.
- It carries an auxiliary input.
- The battery runs long for 12 hours.
- The device possesses a dual bass radiator.
- IPX7 Waterproof, no more worrying about rains or accidental spills.
- Speakerphone lets you take calls with a touch of a button.
- 3000 mAh rechargeable battery.
- JBL Connect+ to connect more than 100 speakers together.
- Weight: 517 gm.
- Speakers with 16 Watts maximum output power.
- Voice Assistant Integration lets you access Siri or Google Now with a touch of a button.
- Available in 7 different colors.
|It’s powerful bass makes music beautiful.||The sound lacks refinement.|
|You can take it outdoors as the device is waterproof.|
|The rugged Bluetooth speaker is resistant to all environments.|
Best Bluetooth Speaker Under 1000
2. Boat Stone 200 Portable Bluetooth Speakers
- Bluetooth 4.1 version.
- Its durable matte finish makes it stronger and resistant to rough use.
- 1500 mAh rechargeable battery with up to 10 hours of playtime.
- Total audio output of 3 watts.
- IPX5 waterproof, designed to withstand rain, shower and accidental drop in water.
- Bluetooth version 4.1.
- Dynamic 50mm driver.
- 3.5 mm Aux-in jack.
- Built-in microphone for hands-free call support.
- Compact and stylish design with three color options.
- Weight: 340 gm.
|Crystal clear sound emission through 3 watt speakers.||Speakerphone call experience is not that great.|
|Compact and lightweight design makes it portable to carry to all places.|
|Waterproof, shockproof and dustproof features make it truly durable.|
3. Photron P10 Wireless 3W Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Total audio output of 3W.
- Highly compact and lightweight.
- Supports both stereo and mono.
- Uses the Bluetooth 2.1+EDR version.
- You can insert micro SD card.
- 40 mm driver.
- The device can be controlled by the control button present at the bottom.
- 400 mAh rechargeable battery with up to 3 hours of playtime.
- Built-in microphone lets you answer calls.
- Aux-In connectivity.
- It weighs only 175 gm.
|Highly compact and lightweight, can easily fit in pocket.In-built FM and antennas are present.||Battery does not run for long hours.|
|For voice calling, a mic is provided.||Fragile design, may not stand a hard impact.|
|Very affordable price.||Older Bluetooth version.|
Best Bluetooth Speaker Under 2000
4. JBL Go Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker with Mic
- It is a micro sized Bluetooth speaker.
- It has an input jack of 3.5 mm and a micro USB port.
- Built in speakerphone for answering calls.
- Rechargeable battery with up to 5 hours of playtime.
- Audio output of 3 Watts.
- Carry it wherever you go with built-in strap-hook and optional carrying strap.
- Available in 8 different colors to match your style.
- The dimensions are: 82.50 x 29.95 x 97.91 mm along with a weight of just 130 gm.
|Good and clean design.||The Bluetooth speaker is not waterproof.|
|The mid-range and treble less sounds are usually produced in the prettiest manner.||There is no sub-bass sound effect.|
|You need not worry about the price. It is affordable.|
5. Portronics POR-871 SoundDrum Bluetooth Speaker
- It is water resistant, provides sufficient protection against light rain and splash.
- SoundDrum offers the 4.2 Bluetooth version with a range of up to 10 m.
- The in-built speakers of the device along with the amplifiers measure to about 10 W.
- There is wireless FM connection with in-built antennas.
- In-built Mic supports hands-free communication.
- 1800 mAh battery.
- Aux and USB connectivity option.
- Weighs around 422 gm.
|It has a balanced sound quality.||Weighs over 400 gm.|
|The battery life is really impressive.|
|Its compact design makes it all the more attractive.|
|Full range of connectivity options.|
6. SoundBot SB571 12W Bluetooth Speaker
- The device assures you with a warranty period of one year.
- It has deep bass and produces crystal clear sound.
- The 2000 mAh battery provides up to 12 hours of music streaming.
- Bluetooth 3.0 with range of up to 33 feet.
- Two 6 Watts speakers for total audio output of 12 Watts.
- 3.5 mm Aux input connectivity.
- 40 mm drivers.
- Built-in microphone for answering calls hands-free.
- Dedicated buttons for volume, play/pause, next/previous track, and answer/end call.
- Weighs around 522 gm.
|Good sound quality.||Quite heavy, weighs over 500 gm. Some customers have raised quality issues.|
|Button controls for all frequently used functions.|
|Simple and sleek design.|
Best Bluetooth Speaker Under 5000
7. Boat Stone 700 Water Proof and Shock Proof Portable Bluetooth Speakers
- The stereo output produced is equivalent to 10 watts.
- Bluetooth 4.2 version, 10 m range.
- 3.5 mm aux connectivity.
- The microphone is in-built within the device and you can take calls as well.
- Its 2000 mAh battery life runs for as long as 8 hours.
- The Bluetooth speaker is both water (IPX6) and shock resistant.
- Weight: 503 gm.
|Loud and crystal clear sound.||The device is heavy.|
|In-built microphone allows you to receive phone calls.||While playing, you will find a low bass.|
|It is easy to hold.||Music faces distortion at high volumes.|
|Ideal for outdoor parties, showers, pool sides, group camping and other hard-core activities.|
8. Boat Stone 1000 Bluetooth Speaker
- The device is durable. Use of silicon and rubber matte finish makes it sturdy.
- 14 Watts dual speakers that offer loud and crystal clear sound. IPX5 water resistant and shockproof.
- 3.5 mm Aux connectivity.
- In-built mic for answering calls.
- Button controls for play/pause, answer call, volume, next/previous track, and switching between bluetooth and aux.
- 3000 mAh rechargeable battery for up to 10 hours of non-stop music.
- Easy carry handle.
- Weight: 1.5 Kg
|The device is both waterproof and resistant to shock.||Larger in size.|
|Loud and clear audio.||Quite heavy.|
|Suitable for both indoor and outdoor usage.||The buttons are hard to press.|
|Old bluetooth version 2.1 +EDR|
9. Sony SRS-XB10 Extra Bass Portable Splash-Proof Bluetooth Speaker
- Its sound quality speaks of the extra bass feature it has.
- Bluetooth version 4.2, with range up to 10 m.
- 1400 mAh rechargeable battery for up to 16 hours playtime.
- IPX5 water resistant.
- One touch NFC connectivity.
- Compact and lightweight design makes it ultra-portable.
- In-built Mic for answering calls hands-free.
- 3.5 mm Aux input for wired connectivity.
- Easy carry strap.
- Available in four attractive colors.
- Weight: 260 gm
|It has good sound clarity with extra bass.||There are no extra accessories.|
|Compact, lightweight and stylish design.||The design and body looks very fragile and may not stand an accidental drop.|
|Its battery life is worth noticing.|
Best High-End Bluetooth Speaker
10. Bose SoundLink Mini II Wireless Bluetooth Speakers
- Portable bluetooth speakers are not known for powerful performance but SoundLink Mini II lets you enjoy crisp audio with deep bass.
- Dual passive radiators and high-efficiency produce a total audio output of 10 Watts.
- Auxiliary input of 3.5 mm lets you connect non-Bluetooth devices.
- Supports charging dock when inserted in the USB port.
- High power battery with up to 10 hours of backup.
- Single-piece aluminium casing makes it durable and ultra-compact.
- Voice prompt feature makes it easy to use.
- Wireless range of 30 feet.
- The ‘automatic device reminder’ feature maintains details of the last eight Bluetooth devices so that you can easily get connected the next time.
- All frequently used buttons like the ‘power off and on’ and the ‘Bluetooth’ signal. It also has volume alerting keys.
- Built-in speakerphone allows you to answer calls.
- Weight- 667 gm.
|Powerful and refined sound from a tiny box.||You can get cheaper alternatives with the same specifications.|
|The charge runs for long hours.|
|Crisp audio with deep bass.|
|Brand value and premium looks premium.|
|Ideal for outdoor parties, showers, pool sides, group camping and other hard-core activities.|
Every individual has his own set of requirements. So you can’t match all your requirements with others. So its better to go through every features and pros and cons from the above list and decide as per your priorities and expectations. As price matters a lot, hence we have tried to categorize the Bluetooth speakers according to the price range. Now it’s you who will do the brainstorming session to find out the best from the list of beasts.
Life is too short to listen to music, which is the best way to relax, in a bad quality, noisy speakers that too with wires. Enjoy every beat of the music, let your heart and mind dance salsa with the quality of the music.